TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Beelzebub Says-Why are Chinese Americans unhappy?
Beelzebub - 2013-07-11

I have been doing some research into British Chinese and Chinese- Americans. I could come up with very little significant evidence(in fact none) on the subject I was interested in-'Depression' that British Chinese are any more susceptible to depression than British whites; whereas, their American counterparts- it was actually quite alarming- Chinese-American women have more than three times the suicide rate than white American women. The methods of suicide- The women have a tendency to hang themselves; men have a preference for drugs and poisons. The vast majority of suicide victims are foreign born. Older Chinese-Americans keep their feeling and intentions of suicide to themselves; and that presents a big problem when trying to prevent these deaths.

So what can we deduce from the happy well-balanced Chinese living in The UK as opposed to the unstable ones living in USA. I would suggest that a different type of Chinese go to the UK than those that go to The USA. Very Interesting.

Messages In This Thread
Beelzebub Says-Why are Chinese Americans unhappy? -- Beelzebub -- 2013-07-11
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Beelzebub Says-Why are Chinese Americans unhappy?

Go to another board -