TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: San Migs may have to leave China
San Migs - 2013-07-16
In response to Re: San Migs may have to leave China (juanisaac)

Did you ever think about having an emergency fund and a long-term fund to keep over the jobless months? I have both. The other foreign teachers in my town only partied it up and were drunk quite a bit, and they were women!

Now if someone does help you, how will they get you the money? Are you sure you can get a z-visa in Hong kong with the new regulations in place? How much do you you actually need? Every time I go to Hong Kong I spend about 3-4 k Yuan for one week, and that is after staying free at my friends house.

E-mail me if you need jobs leads. Maybe you need money to buy a ticket home, that would be a better bet.

I will answer each point as best I can. I am certainly not looking for cash/charity, merely a place to stay for a week with internet that is relatively quiet. I am footing the bill personally for overpriced noisy hotel rooms and it is tiring and difficult to look for jobs from those, esp with unreliable internet. Any money I do have is in Europe, I was cheated out of airfare, summer pay, visa run to Hong Kong and any travel allowances by my former employer who insisted I take a job in a school in Beijing in September that I did not want to take. They decided that to "hold" me they would only pay my visa run costs in september when I started work at the new school, therefore, over summer....NO PAY! The college I was at gave me and the other FT a deadline of June 18th to vacate the apartment and said we would both be unable to return. This left me and him homeless over the summer, short of staying a few days with a friend, the bill has been all mine.

No, I'm not bloody sure about the Z visa in Hong Kong,but who is? Things are always in a state of flux here. I also do not have a free place to live in HK.

I have a ticket home which i bought before I came but not until february next year, and I already paid once to change the date on it. Sorry, but going home for me is not an option, no family or friends I know in the UK, and living with parents at my age (37) is just not an option. I also need quiet as I suffer from sleep disorders, so noisy places or sharing with people who like to sleep late or wake very early is not for me.

Hope this explains further. My email is included for job leads.

Messages In This Thread
San Migs may have to leave China -- San Migs -- 2013-07-16
Re: San Migs may have to leave China -- foxy -- 2013-07-17
Re: San Migs may have to leave China -- Dragonized -- 2013-07-17
Re: San Migs may have to leave China -- Beelzebub -- 2013-07-16
Re: San Migs may have to leave China -- John O'Shei -- 2013-07-16
Re: San Migs may have to leave China -- juanisaac -- 2013-07-16
Re: San Migs may have to leave China -- San Migs -- 2013-07-16
Re: San Migs may have to leave China -- juanisaac -- 2013-07-17
Re: San Migs may have to leave China -- Beelzebub -- 2013-07-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: San Migs may have to leave China

Go to another board -