TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: How much do you really know?
Dragonized - 2013-07-19

I actually agree with everything you have said. I should say that I was being a bit cynical when I said I disagreed with you because I know we converge often on most of our viewpoints. I want to emphasize that ethics isn't often considered by these folks What you said about the women dating 2 or 3 men at the same time while actually thinking westerners have low morals is typical cognitive dissonance, or doublethink in more layman's terms possessed by an uneducated bunch. Yes they are hypocrites, many of them at least. I do know a few honest folks who genuinely love the country they have moved to and will not always speak ill about Westerners on a comparative level with the Chinese. But to be sure it does take time. The Chinese are raised in a fanatical mindset starting form within the core family unit, and to overcome that is no small obstacle. To use an analogy from someone the change is at the center of a very large proverbial onion, needing to be peeled layer after layer.

Messages In This Thread
Re: How much do you really know? -- Dragonized -- 2013-07-19
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: How much do you really know?

Go to another board -