TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Stay away from SHANE school in Dongying, Shandong Province
Dragonized - 2013-07-19

I do have to agree with you Incognita. I agree with the statement made by another poster that there are "too many bullies" in China. But many times the Bullies themselves adopt a victim perspective which makes them feel justified at heaping the bullying on to others. My first experience working in China included working the DOS manager at the training center I went to. He didn't like the fact that I didn't drink, smoke, or kiss up to the local Chinese so he accused me of not "backing off" in a drunken tirade and spat in my face. Except that he was six foot four and 260 pounds at least so I don't know what he'd feel threatened by me who is at least 7 inches shorter than him and weighed about 80 pounds less at the time, and it was him who physically assaulted me more than once first, and always.

I have no problems with a friend coming to my house with alcohol on him/her. So as long as they bring the can/bottles away with them when they leave and they are of sound state they may drink at my house. But the excessive alcoholism of some do actually affect negatively others. One alcoholic guy I know devoted a whole 1/2 of class asking his (and my students because we had shared the same class) grade 1 high school students if they could wear their "new uniforms" which comprised of short shorts and a short sleeved tee shirt. The class had only girls at the time with the exception of 1 boy who bothered showing up. You can imagine how some of the students might have felt. The bottom line is that alcoholism creates problems where the teacher in question will behave in a self serving way that makes other uncomfortable. If you're a quiet type of drunk, I'm not going to bother you. But as we all know from experience not all people become quiet and tame when they've had too much gulling to the gizzard.

View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Stay away from SHANE school in Dongying, Shandong Province

Go to another board -