TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: QQ on Linux
Dragonized - 2013-07-30
In response to Re: QQ on Linux (John O'Shei)

For me, the virus free stability of linux certainly offers a good option to hang on to. However, being able to play pc games is something I should want to have as well on so I do need windows. There is the option however of installing both systems. What you need to do is to partition your hard drive into 2 parts. Install the 2 operating systems onto the separated hard drives(the hard drive is still one in reality but it is simulated to become two). Now, if you did this correctly ever time your computer boots up it should take you to a "boot options" menu where you can have your pick of the litter of which operating system you want to install. For older versions of windows like Windows XP you will run into some problems of compatibility. But if you're on Windows Vista (Windows 6) or later you should have no problems getting this up and running if you have the installation packages for both operating systems. For younger folks like me and O'Shei we would know our way around. But older folks might want to look up "partitioning your hard drive", "installing multiple operating systems on your computer", "switching between linux and windows", and "boot menu + selecting from multiple operating systems" on search engines like google or yahoo.

Messages In This Thread
Re: QQ on Linux -- John O'Shei -- 2013-07-30
Re: QQ on Linux -- San Migs -- 2013-07-30
Re: QQ on Linux -- John O'Shei -- 2013-07-30
Re: QQ on Linux -- Dragonized -- 2013-07-30
Re: QQ on Linux -- San Migs -- 2013-07-30
Re: QQ on Linux -- Beelzebub -- 2013-07-30
Re: QQ on Linux -- Dragonized -- 2013-07-30
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: QQ on Linux

Go to another board -