TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Mission Impossible
Will - 2013-08-10
In response to Re: Mission Impossible (San Migs)

Nero, what do you call rural?

The previous town I was in, had 250,000 inhabitants, most of them oil workers.

The town had one main road, and was about 3-4 roads/blocks wide/long. You could walk from one side to the other. On the north side were farms, and the south side factories primarily. It had foriegn teachers, perhaps look at rich towns/villages such as mine, which was dominated by Shengli Oil, thuse wealtherier people and more likely to want their children speak English, or just to say "My child has a foreign teacher."

If you want rural, I think it would be good to look at towns that are almost company towns. Hekou is not a village, nor beautiful (as the oil is ever where and thus the machines, sometimes beside the apartments) but it may be the size your looking for. I can't recall the company that hired out foreigners, but I believe it had a good repuation. I will have to ask, I think they send you too public schools, mind you the salaries are about 6000 or 7000, but you do have Summer and winter holidays and are allowed to work elsewhere, usually Jinan is where most went for the Summer.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Mission Impossible -- San Migs -- 2013-08-10
Re: Mission Impossible -- juanisaac -- 2013-08-12
Re: Mission Impossible -- San Migs -- 2013-08-13
Re: Mission Impossible -- juanisaac -- 2013-08-10
Re: Mission Impossible -- San Migs -- 2013-08-11
Re: Mission Impossible -- Will -- 2013-08-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Mission Impossible

Go to another board -