TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS
BRS Scam Victim - 2013-08-28
In response to Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS (KY)

I wish that I had read these postings earlier. I am a new hire here at BRS and I can confirm that this school is a total joke and I know of at least 2 other teachers that already want to quit. Yesterday we were called in for a foreign teachers meeting and the school principal Charles Pei threatened us all about complaining about the corruption in the school. Apparently there are many investigations into the school for reasons I don't know everything about but, in fact I have already seen more than enough. I have heard from a few people here that most or all of the foreign teachers have consistently quit BRS after the last 4 semesters and that very few people remain working at BRS other than those that cannot find a job in China. There is no organization here at all. Schedules are not consistent, no one seems to be in charge to include the [edited] principal Charles Pei. As to how he was hired or as to where they dug the [edited] up from is beyond me. Human resources here is not human resources. They don't do anything for the teachers here and they do not care about their teachers. I met one guy that went deaf while working here. The owner of the school also owns Beijing Royal Hospital. Despite that, the school did nothing for that teacher. He was left to rot in his apartment. There are many photos on the school Web site but most or all of those teachers no longer work here. At the front of the school they have constructed a mock up of what is a poorly designed theme park style entrance. It looks like some kind of a Chinese restaurant entrance. They refer to the school as a palace. The insanity of this place is already obvious. Do not trust BRS. Do not apply for a job here. Do not believe anything on their school Web site. I can tell you first hand that you must avoid BRS.

Also a special warning for TFA teachers. This school tries to bring in Teach For America teachers. If you are contacted by anyone from BRS do not accept a position here.

Today I will be contacting SAFEA, the College Board, TFA, and my own state's education bureau to alert them to the threats and the many problems that are already obvious here.

There are many foreign teachers here that were not given proper visas and so I think a call to the police is also in order. We don't start teaching until next week and as they have nothing for us to do and I don't plan on staying here anyway I have ample time on my hands in which to report what I have seen. Other teachers were lured in here with promises of teaching AP subjects only to be given ESL classes instead.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Beijing Royal School (BRS) -- foxy -- 2013-04-04
Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- KY -- 2013-04-05
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- clovverhh -- 2017-06-28
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- Anonymous -- 2016-12-02
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- Beijiner -- 2017-04-26
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- Anonymous -- 2017-06-28
Beijing Royal School Info -- Alex Gould -- 2017-05-22
Re Beijing Royal School Info -- FTinPRC -- 2017-05-22
Re Beijing Royal School Info -- EduLeader -- 2017-06-25
Re Beijing Royal School Info -- MikeK -- 2017-06-26
Re Beijing Royal School Info -- ricky -- 2018-07-13
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- Francis Felicelli -- 2017-01-19
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- meiguorin@communistparty.com -- 2018-07-19
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- BRSS -- 2018-07-30
Pretend Beijing Royal "School" Sucks BRSS -- Dundee Man -- 2017-01-19
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- Lucy Haagen -- 2015-03-18
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- Sekinom -- 2015-12-16
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- Tar Heel Yankee -- 2015-12-28
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- : yu2fa3 -- 2015-03-18
Re Beijing Royal School -- Lucy Haagen -- 2015-03-18
Re Beijing Royal School -- : yu2fa3 -- 2015-03-19
Re Beijing Royal School -- San Migs -- 2015-03-19
Re Beijing Royal School -- Chrissy Gómez -- 2015-03-19
Re Beijing Royal School -- San Migs -- 2015-03-20
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- San Migs -- 2015-03-19
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- Chrissy Gómez -- 2015-03-19
Re Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- San Migs -- 2015-03-20
Re: Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- BRS Scam Victim -- 2013-08-28
Re: Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- Grant Holley -- 2014-12-09
Re: Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- Ypern -- 2014-12-10
Re: Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- Peter Peters -- 2014-12-10
Re: Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- Mike -- 2014-12-10
Re: Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- Beth -- 2014-12-10
Re: Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS -- yu2fa3 -- 2014-12-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Beijing Royal School Sucks BRSS

Go to another board -