TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › College Board & BRS
Six Pack Abs - 2013-08-29

They have a license to hire foreigners but Michelle in HR does not do her job so only a few people ever had a valid Z visa. The school is always in trouble with one agency or the other and in one form or another. The College Board staff are not stupid either. They must absolutely know what is going on at Beijing Royal School as the scandals are in plain view. Cheating on exams was common as were students taking in their cell phones to the testing center and going online to look up answers. Exam monitors would be accidentally looking at the floor or the ceiling as they encountered many cheaters, while literally entire student populations had their failing grades being adjusted to reflect passing scores. Many BRS students have zero ability to read, write, or speak English. BRS is the school that takes on all of the less than likely to succeed and that includes teaching staff and of course their principal Charles Pei. I left BRS at the end of last semester along with nearly everyone that worked there and Charles Pei was one step away from being found next to a banana peel. Its utterly just a matter of time and BRS will lose their credibility with anyone and everyone that they deal with. No one can keep a charade going on for so long without someone getting wise and not everyone can be bought off. Most of the other teachers that quit BRS when I did were also disgusted by what they saw and most of them have no respect for anyone that stayed there. If someone on here can give a heads up to the College Board, they would be doing a great service to the education sector although someone at the AP College Board must be aware of this by now. For anyone teaching AP you most certainly do not want your name affiliated with BRS on the AP College Board system. If you quit after a semester you might have a way of getting off the hook but anyone that stays at BRS is no better than Charles Pei or the assortment of funny money behind the scenes. I would think that anyone that worked at BRS and stayed there long-term would have a black mark on their record and be unemployable in China. Its too bad for the kids that enrolled there. During the last graduation only a very few students were accepted into better universities. Most of them were accepted to some of the worst universities in America. Many foreign teachers refused to attend graduation because it was so embarrassing. They lost many good teachers last year. There was a girl from Duke and another from Princeton. Both of them quit. I concur with other posters on this forum. Don't work at BRS. Don't even think about it. Beijing is a huge city with so many other opportunities.

Messages In This Thread
College Board & BRS -- Six Pack Abs -- 2013-08-29
Re: College Board & BRS -- BRS Beijing Rancid Shit -- 2013-09-20
Re: College Board & BRS -- John O’Shei -- 2013-09-21
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › College Board & BRS

Go to another board -