TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Boring Teacher?
Luck99 - 2013-09-13

I just arrived in a small city to teach ESL to preschoolers. I have made lesson plans for each age group and level of English. The problem is.. They feel like my teaching style is boring. Example- I am teaching two classes their colors and numbers.. I figured for the first three days that we could go over the colors and on the following day draw pictures using those colors. (Bad Idea?) I was not given any songs, books, or anything to inform me of what to expect and build from. I am at a loss, because the students don't seem interested..They are VERY used to games, songs and videos. I really don't believe that only games, songs and videos will help the kids learn the language.. So, I use the chalk board in most of my lessons. Do you have any suggestions or ideas? These kids don't know a piece of English, and with the teachers having the students for over a month.. the outcome was the students only knowing 2 colors, and that is including the color I taught them. I have been here for 5 days.. Am I just supposed to sing songs and play games? I spoke to a my teacher who has taught me a second language, and she feels that I am going about doing things correctly. What do you think?

Messages In This Thread
Boring Teacher? -- Luck99 -- 2013-09-13
Re: Boring Teacher? -- John O’Shei -- 2013-09-21
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Boring Teacher?

Go to another board -