TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: How to spot a headache.....
John O’Shei - 2013-09-28

It is rather peculiar that certain crap schools will focus on recruiting younger teachers who are naiive or older guys who are down and out with nowhere to go... Also, when a school says something like ‘come experience beautiful scenery and history of...’, I don’t really feel so comfortable about applying for a position!

One piece of advice I would give young people who want to find work away from home... You are looking for a job, not a holiday. I once made the mistake of accepting an offer in Hainan, not realising that is actually not such a great place to live and work. The worst thing was, I rejected perfectly good offers in Tianjin in order to take that job. Spent two weeks or so chilling there at a later time, but it confirmed that it is a far better to be there as tourist rather than an employee. This warning not only applies to teachers that are setting their sights upon China, but also whingeing poms that go to Australia and so on. The definition of paradise doesn’t include anything about work as far as I’m aware.

Messages In This Thread
Re: How to spot a headache..... -- John O’Shei -- 2013-09-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: How to spot a headache.....

Go to another board -