TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Behaving Well Abroad
John O'Shei - 2013-12-16
In response to Re: Behaving Well Abroad (Robert Flintoff)

I second that opinion, I'm a Canadian too and proud of my heritage. I have been to China off and on, since 2005 and
behaved myself, like I do back in my own country. When Chinese people find out where I am from, the older Chinese people always mention
Dr. Norman Bethune, also a Canadian, for your info., he volunteered during the revolution and has been revered ever since, for his work here, during the war.
I also wear a hat with Canada emblazoned on the front of it, its better than having a hat with fu_k on it, like some Chinese students in Fujian province.
I saw many wearing something like this and asked them if they knew what it meant, told me NO, I said look it up in your dictionary, its a vulgar English word, they
threw them in the garbage.

They got the message.

And furthermore, Canada, will never be the 51st. state, I could care less, what some people here think, it will never happen.

Don't know how old your students were, but if those students were at high school and university and you seriously believe this; you are probably more naive than most of the victims that you gave your 'special private tuition' to. They buy something with the word 'f**k' on it, precisely because it is naughty and mildly offensive.

Besides aren't you people supposed to dislike Dr. Bethune or are you just a GW sellout twat? http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/peter-worthington/bethune-china_b_1909347.html

Messages In This Thread
Behaving Well Abroad -- Foreign Teacher in China -- 2013-12-14
Re: Behaving Well Abroad -- Robert Flintoff -- 2013-12-15
Re: Behaving Well Abroad -- Dragonized -- 2013-12-16
Re: Behaving Well Abroad -- John O'Shei -- 2013-12-16
Re: Behaving Well Abroad -- Robert Flintoff -- 2013-12-16
Re: Behaving Well Abroad -- San Migs -- 2013-12-16
Re: Behaving Well Abroad -- Robert Flintoff -- 2013-12-16
Re: Behaving Well Abroad -- John O'Shei -- 2013-12-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Behaving Well Abroad