TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Behaving Well Abroad
John O'Shei - 2013-12-16
In response to Re: Behaving Well Abroad (Dragonized)

It's good to not forget where you are from. Just keep your d**k in your pants if you're teaching 14 or 15 year olds. I knew some expats who supposedly engaged in this kind of behavior, and some of them are Canadian. Your country has some image repairing to do with some students, just like mine.

What scares me, is that there is nothing to protect such students from the creepier kind of FTs or even to protect the students themselves from their raging hormones. A friend and I were discussing this a few years ago and we agreed that it is worrying how some students are becoming increasingly sexualised at an early age (He's now a Dad who is married to a Chinese wife, so he worries about that shit a lot, lol).

We've both had girls in their late teens flirt with us excessively and it was actually just irritating, rather than adorable for us! However, if I were their parents, I'd be warning them about what certain FTs who aren't quite as well behaved as us can be like! If there's any Chinese readers here, this is yet another reason not to send your daughters to TCs, because not only will they recruit proper scumbag FTs, they will do nothing to stop them from misbehaving, believe me!

I've actually had such 15-16 year old students from my TC days come on to me in a very inappropriate manner, but rather than believe in the idea of 'if there's grass on the pitch, let's play', I'd personally prefer the idea of 'let the cherry ripen'. Once again: "What if she was your daughter?" Sure China has the age of consent of 14, but that probably relates to the fact that in certain rural shithole areas, the life expectancy might still be 37 and the poor buggers need a root before they all die of factory pollution cancer. Besides, they tend to look younger in China, if you genuinely find yourself attracted to girls who are that young, you are probably a bush dodger who is on the run back home, right?

I once had to gently let down such an eager student. I told her that I was far too old for her to be involved with her in a romantic way and that she should try to get a boyfriend who was her own age. Thankfully, she appeared to do just that and there's at least one lad who is now in his 20s or something who should personally thank me for helping him to lose his virginity, haha.

Messages In This Thread
Behaving Well Abroad -- Foreign Teacher in China -- 2013-12-14
Re: Behaving Well Abroad -- Robert Flintoff -- 2013-12-15
Re: Behaving Well Abroad -- Dragonized -- 2013-12-16
Re: Behaving Well Abroad -- John O'Shei -- 2013-12-16
Re: Behaving Well Abroad -- Robert Flintoff -- 2013-12-16
Re: Behaving Well Abroad -- San Migs -- 2013-12-16
Re: Behaving Well Abroad -- Robert Flintoff -- 2013-12-16
Re: Behaving Well Abroad -- John O'Shei -- 2013-12-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Behaving Well Abroad