TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Update - Another Mail from CUMT, Jiangsu, China
juanisaac@hotmail.com - 2013-12-23

With the more stringent visa laws the Chinese are kicking out all sorts of foreigners- the competent and the incompetent. Added to this is the unsavory ethical practices of the schools here. I see a foreign teacher shortage now. One school that I worked at a few years ago told me"We are lookinng for another teacher" not so long ago. Now they tell me "I was a great teacher“ and want me back. It seems that the government wants to push foreigners out the door, and schools are feeling the brunt of it. I get asked every month on Nanjing whether I know foreign teachers looking for a job.
It reminds me of the U.S. state of Georgia that passed the toughest anti-illegal immigrant law in the state. Now it is suspended because of more crtical needs- i.e. they need agricultural workers.
I think San MIgs can be back by the start of the next fall term with all the demand I see.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Update - Another Mail from CUMT, Jiangsu, China -- juanisaac@hotmail.com -- 2013-12-23
Re: Update - Another Mail from CUMT, Jiangsu, China -- coal-face -- 2013-12-23
Re: Update - Another Mail from CUMT, Jiangsu, China -- San Migs -- 2013-12-23
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Update - Another Mail from CUMT, Jiangsu, China

Go to another board -