TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Private Eye magazine on Cameron in China
Dumper McFoodle - 2013-12-25

Joking apart, economists have blamed Britain's prolonged recession on Cameron's austerity measures!
Personally, I'm glad to be in China, where I needn't live poor as an oral teacher of English at a senior high school. My students cannot speak English well, but at least they are not disruptive in class, as too many are wont to be back home in the UK.

I don't want to come across as a big note man here, but I had the displeasure of teaching English in Britain for a year. You are right on the money; in China you can live like a Duke on what they pay, and your students don't want to beat you up either. Talk about has-beens, the country has gone to rack and ruin. The only pleasant memories I have is the fish and chips. I have to be fair, they are consistently the best in the world, and in my opinion the best food in the world. Everything else was a big No Thank you. It's still early here, so back to bed for a couple of hours and then I have an appointment with a blonde on the beach. I hope you poms are looking after the Chinese angels for me while I'm away. Be interesting to know what other British posters think of their time teaching in The UK before they came to China?
Messages In This Thread
Re: Private Eye magazine on Cameron in China -- Michael -- 2013-12-21
Re: Private Eye magazine on Cameron in China -- Dumper McFoodle -- 2013-12-25
Re: Private Eye magazine on Cameron in China -- Unfettered -- 2013-12-26
Re: Private Eye magazine on Cameron in China -- Dumper McFoodle -- 2013-12-26
Re: Private Eye magazine on Cameron in China -- only me! -- 2013-12-27
Re: Private Eye magazine on Cameron in China -- San Migs -- 2013-12-22
Re: Private Eye magazine on Cameron in China -- John O'Shei -- 2013-12-22
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Private Eye magazine on Cameron in China

Go to another board -