TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: On corruption in Mainland China Universities
John O'Shei - 2013-12-28

I have already indicated in connection with my reports on Qingdao Ocean University that there are ongoing investigations with regard to internal corruption. I had also asked for the same with regard to my own experiences and the fact that foreign experts are expected to pay "rents" for their apartments on university campus because of the high financial debts that this university has. I have read the following article below, and it seems that problems such as this are not a single event but concern Mainland China universities nationwide.
http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1389737/zhejiang-university-vice-president-arrested-alleged-graft

Well, unfortunately there are no published articles of the area of corruption that I am going to lead you in the general direction of (yet), but it involves just two words:

Peace Corps

These naive arseholes are a wonderful way for corrupt university officials to get away with fiddling expenses! Their salary need not to go into the teacher's bank accounts as they are just... volunteers! Therefore, it only natural (in a corrupt kind of environment) that somebody else pockets it, right? Silly volunteers still believe that they are

1.) Saving the world by teaching English.

2.) Helping an impoverished university that can't afford to pay teachers, lol. Teachers that drive big shiny Audis that is, haha.

I guess this might be nothing new and you have probably heard of such abuses of the services of the Peace Corps before, but...

Messages In This Thread
Re: On corruption in Mainland China Universities -- John O'Shei -- 2013-12-28
Re: On corruption in Mainland China Universities -- Dumper McFoodle -- 2013-12-28
Re: On corruption in Mainland China Universities -- John O'Shei -- 2013-12-28
Re: On corruption in Mainland China Universities -- sooty -- 2013-12-29
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: On corruption in Mainland China Universities

Go to another board -