TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Thailand immigration question - Teachers discussion
Rheno747 - 2005-08-24

Even after being in Thailand nearly 18 months, I'm STILL learning the ropes. I have a question for you Thai vets.

I've gotten a new job in Thailand, and I just started my second contract (and second year). My question is about satisfying Thailand's immigration regs.

Backgournd Info:

Last year I had to go every three months to immigration to let immigration know my address. After my first contract ended and my work visa expired, I naturally stopped going to immigration. However, at my last visit (about two weeks before both my visa and contract ended), the official gave me that same ol' small form with a date stamped on it, a date which required me to return to immigration in three months (on August 10). I ignored the form, being as my contract and visa were about to expire. After my visa and contract were up, I got tourist visas for both June and July, plus I left Thailand briefly to go work in Korea.

Present situation:

Early this month, I got another non-im B visa for my new employer, an employer who hasn't yet gotten me a new work permit (as of August 24).

My question is: what is going to happen when I go to immigration to start THAT process all over? I don't have the small form I got back in May (the same form that instructed me to come back to immigration on August 10). I fear immigration is gonna try to bust my butt with the 200-Baht-per-day fine being as I didn't come back on August 10.

I assume I'll be fine, being as I'm now at a new job running on a NEW non-im B visa. Will I be?

Those of you who've worked here understand my worry. This IS Thailand, after all. Home of what has to be one of the world's worst government infrastructures.

Thanks a bunch.

R747

Messages In This Thread
Thailand immigration question - Teachers discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2005-08-24
Hey Rheno! - Teachers discussion -- JinChaFa -- 2005-08-24
To Jin: Ahh, Thailand......Screw this place - Teachers discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2005-08-25
Why native English teachers? - Teachers discussion -- BD -- 2005-08-25
That is the case here, sure - Teachers discussion -- RhenoA380 -- 2005-08-27
I have seen this - Teachers discussion -- Ratcheed -- 2005-08-25
Slackness rules -- Winnie -- 2005-08-25
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Thailand immigration question - Teachers discussion

Go to another board -