TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: GW's on ESL websites.
John O'Shei - 2014-01-27

I do not think it is appropriate to ban them at all. Just because they may have some ideas that are different to yours, does not mean that they are wrong, as long as they are acting in the best interests of education, unlike some of the GWs that post on here. I guess that a FTs well-being may come under that category.

However, if it is illegal behaviour that is being encouraged... I like to believe that we all know right from wrong and must understand that extreme measures can if used incorrectly cause more harm than good.

Although BJ-BL guys, I should point out that sounding aggressive to other members in any way tends to get frowned up on. We can be quite nasty to idiots, but we don't even at our angriest threaten the likes of the worst kinds of imbeciles such as Woodbine Willie, so please try to be careful with the way that you word certain things, at least in the sake of politeness.

I would rather than banning the Beijing Blacklist guys, allow them to post for now and see what they can contribute. If they were to turn out to be another phony organisation like the C.F.T.U (China Foreign Teachers Union), they would be easily get outed, but if they have got nothing to hide in this respect, give them a chance.

If what the blacklist guys are suggesting in the cases of GWs, is a little self-policing amongst the expat community, then that might be a good thing. Round here before I arrived, there was a teacher that was apparently trying to bang his own 15 year high school students after work, that got dealt with quite severely by other foreigners that caught wind of what was going on. Think the rumoured beating was an emotional reaction, but I dare say that one or two other foreigners were able to pass information to the authorities in both China and the offenders home country as well.

Messages In This Thread
Re: GW's on ESL websites. -- John O'Shei -- 2014-01-27
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: GW's on ESL websites.

Go to another board -