TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: missionaries on campus
John O'Shei - 2014-02-20
In response to Re: missionaries on campus (giver or taker?)

And you sir, are a fundamentalist fool! You won't get far pushing your religious propaganda on a site like this I feel. As for chastity, only a retard would promote such thing. A good ESL teacher will educate Chinese or other students to the fact that there are many different lifestyle choices available. Example, gay and lesbian relationships, de-facto relationships, ONS, casual sex. Marriage and chastity, abstinence, they are also choices, but not the only ones.
And don't tell me that China is a society based on marriage and family values, maybe 20 years ago it was, but marriage is a largely useless and meaningless institution in China nowadays.

And also Christianity is not a Chinese thing, never has been or will be. You need to get a life!

I'm not sure if we are really allowed to teach that, they are bit sensitive about that kind of topic! Which is pathetic, really.

However, if students ask me about this kind of thing in private, f**k it.

I'm not that old, so I can be that fake older brother that they never had due to the one child policy. Hell, I even advised one student against traditional style chastity on the grounds, that one needs to test drive the car before they buy it... She now seems to be very happy with her current boyfriend.

However, one of my friends did teach a 'Gender and sexuality' class at a project 211/985 university... I guess that she is a feisty, independent kind of woman, so she is the right kind of person to teach that. But if it was me who had to teach that, it would be the MOST unprofessional class ever.

Talking openly with a class mainly made up of pretty 20 something female students about their sex lives... I'm normally one of those who advocates not sleeping with students and what not, but if I had to teach that class, all control would be lost, my inner pervert would come out. The start of my class might go something like this:

"So, today's topic of discussion is... A-levels."

"Who really enjoys it when their boyfriend takes them on a trip up the Bournville Boulevard?" "Let's see a show of hands."

(a few shy and embarrassed giggling students stick their hands up)

"YEAH!!! You're definitely first." "So please tell me, why did you choose to give him a golden ticket?" "What does a man have to do in order to receive one?"

Messages In This Thread
Re: missionaries on campus -- Zhengdolly He -- 2014-02-20
Re: missionaries on campus -- giver or taker? -- 2014-02-20
Re: missionaries on campus -- ZhengGoGrow -- 2014-02-21
Re: missionaries on campus -- juanisaac -- 2014-02-27
Re: missionaries on campus -- martin -- 2014-02-28
Re: missionaries on campus -- John O'Shei -- 2014-02-27
Re: missionaries on campus -- giver or taker? -- 2014-02-22
Re: missionaries on campus -- John O’Shei -- 2014-02-22
Re: missionaries on campus -- ZhengJulyHoo -- 2014-02-22
Re: missionaries on campus -- John O'Shei -- 2014-02-23
Re: missionaries on campus -- John O'Shei -- 2014-02-20