TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB"
John O'Shei - 2014-03-06

I know you do not support training centers and I know you would never work at one: and even if you did a person with your educational profile would really be a fish out of water working with the donkeys that inhabit such places.
As for Beijing Blacklist, yes, in some cases I do support their actions. I suggest that a group like Beijing Blacklist play the role of a Chinese Equalizer of sorts. You may remember there was a popular TV program in the 1980's called the "Equalizer". If you feel out of your depth you need to take action.

If you don't support vigilante groups, first remember the victims of ESL criminals. Like I said before, I don't feel sympathy for Chinese people ( or foreigners ) in ESL who engage in criminal activity. And sometimes we must fight fire with fire. The British guy I know who had a school owner beaten in Guangxi said he only did it because he was unable to obtain his money. It turned out that the guy owed others salaries also. The police did not care, nobody wanted to help him. If he could have obtained his money by lawful means he would have done so. He felt that guy needed to be punished. There must be a deterrent factor he said, and I agree with that. I never suggested that honest Chinese, Korean people, or laowai should be beaten.

We really should not have a zero tolerance policy for crooks in the ESL world. One thing for sure, that rotten school owner ( he recovered from his injuries ) will think twice the next time he employs anybody.

Some of these school owners need to be 'happy slapped.' They often just care about status and power, a hilarious video of them getting cruelly mutilated or humiliated which gets posted upon on Youku might reduce them down to size.

I hope that Beijing Blacklist can deliver.

Messages In This Thread
Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB" -- John O'Shei -- 2014-03-06
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB"

Go to another board -