TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Having a BA: Where does it say that it is a Z visa requirement in China?
Ever - 2014-03-11

From an old SAEFA handbook I have in regards what constitutes a foreign teaching expert

"These refer to those experts who are employed by the Chinese schools and other educational establishments in such fields as publication, medicine, scientific research, culture and art, and sports. They should hold bachelor's degrees and have more than two years of experience."

I think its important to realize that these are essentially just guidelines the SAFEA provides the specific authorities, offices and individuals throughout china who actually issue the relevant documentation that will enable you to apply for a z-visa. Anyone who has been in china a while will know that the reality of the situation is very different and will probably be able to provide examples of individuals who have entered the country on a z-visa despite not having a bachelors degree.

Furthermore, the Chinese authorities don't seem to discriminate between types of degree e.g. BA (bachelor of arts), Bsc (bachelor of science) or any of the other several dozen abbreviations used in UK higher education to describe bachelors degrees .They are also rarely concerned by the specific subject in which it was gained. For example I met a guy working in a kids school who had a Bsc in agriculture. To his credit he did do a fantastic rendition of old macdonald had a farm :-)

View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Having a BA: Where does it say that it is a Z visa requirement in China?

Go to another board -