TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re A Teacher Training Lecture for Unlucky Strike Harry Larry....LOL
Lucky Strike Larry - 2014-04-09
In response to Re A Teacher Training Lecture for Unlucky Strike Harry Larry....LOL (William Shakespeare Risen vom Death)

Oh, ignorant linguist, that Thou art! Hast Thou not realized that both are the same languages?
I, the Grand Master of English Drama, no other than Shakespeare, hath said this!
Doest Thou not know Thy Fake English Oxford Dictionary?

hehehehe...hawhawhaw....

Ha ha! it's the other bloke who's the linguist. He has some strange belief that I have a 'pretend rubbish' Mandarin schools buried away in Suffolk somewhere- Ipswich-on-sea, I believe, and forgot that we weree talking about Mandarin and not English at the time. I had pointed out to him that linguists are not always fluent in the language they are anguishing about at any given time. I also conceded that a linguist (even though he may not be able to speak the language) may well know more about the structure and so forth than a native speaker. Of course that don't do you much good if you want to order dumplings on toast, and a baijiu, shaken not stirred. Hehe hawhaw.

Messages In This Thread
Re A Teacher Training Lecture for Unlucky Strike Harry Larry....LOL -- Lucky Strike Larry -- 2014-04-09
Re A Teacher Training Lecture for Unlucky Strike Harry Larry....LOL -- William Shakespeare Risen vom Death -- 2014-04-09
Re A Teacher Training Lecture for Unlucky Strike Harry Larry....LOL -- Lucky Strike Larry -- 2014-04-09
Re A Teacher Training Lecture for Unlucky Strike Harry Larry....LOL -- callmefred's Fake Oxford English Dictionary -- 2014-04-09
Re A Teacher Training Lecture for Unlucky Strike Harry Larry....LOL -- William Shakespeare Risen from Death -- 2014-04-09
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re A Teacher Training Lecture for Unlucky Strike Harry Larry....LOL

Go to another board -