TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re One of predictions is coming true
John O'Shei - 2014-06-01
In response to Re One of predictions is coming true (McGruff)

I have heard one or two sad cases of recovering Heroin addicts coming to China in order to distance themselves from temptations, only to eventually find out that Heroin is available there too, despite the heavy penalties dished out to those that supply it. I actually feel sorry for those guys that relapse out here, far away from their support network that initially got them clean in the first place.

When it comes to dealers (especially in the case of weed), I think that one or two of the younger westerners do it because they think that it makes them some kind of bad man; when the reality is often that they are just naughty former public schoolboys that think that they are untouchable.

Then there's the Africans on student visas from the worst war torn shitholes that have nothing to lose. Some of those guys are actually quite dangerous and should be executed without question.

There is also the issue of American Ritalin prescription holders that brought their medicine into China legally, yet sell a large proportion of what they have to recreational users. Sometimes the A.D.H.D status of the said prescription holder is rather questionable. Hopefully the Chinese can deal with that effectively.

Still, things have improved in recent years. Ketamine used to very freely available just a few years ago. Apparently, in one city that I know of, quite a few foreign teachers had got heavily into Meth, smoking it on a very regular basis. Can't be sure as I would definitely distance myself from that shit and the social circles where that is going on.

Messages In This Thread
Re One of predictions is coming true -- McGruff -- 2014-05-31
Re One of predictions is coming true -- John O'Shei -- 2014-06-01
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re One of predictions is coming true

Go to another board -