TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Goals - Teachers discussion
easy tiger... - 2005-09-24
In response to Thanks, but - Teachers discussion (BD)

Goals, we all set our own.

A recently posted view on some certified teachers:

"I was completely unimpressed with their abilites [sic], and found most of them to be nothing more than 20-somethings who are more interested in sightseeing, partying, and chasing the local beauties."

Well everyone chooses his or her own priorities, and at the end of the day what does it matter. Regardless if your students try or not, keep them happy and your director and DOS will be happy. "It doesn't matter if the students learn anything," too right! I couldn't agree more, just as long as they believe they are progressing. Because what it all comes down to is money. Our globalized yet culturally diverse planet has one sad common demonimator. When students pay and enjoy their English class, and they feel they are progressing the teacher has done his/her job and can pursue other things.

What does one do when one is not teaching and whilst living in a foreign country, eh? make charts of irregular verbs and reported speech... as if

I prefer to allow a local beauty (sometimes a student) to show me her favorite sights.

Messages In This Thread
Good news only please - Teachers discussion -- BD -- 2005-09-21
BD, here's some 'good' - Teachers discussion -- RhenoA340 -- 2005-09-23
I knew it! - Teachers discussion -- BD -- 2005-09-24
It's not really the JOB that sucks - Teachers discussion -- RhenoA340 -- 2005-09-24
some advice - Teachers discussion -- SC -- 2005-09-22
Thanks, but - Teachers discussion -- BD -- 2005-09-22
Goals - Teachers discussion -- easy tiger... -- 2005-09-24
Right on - Teachers discussion -- RhenoA340 -- 2005-09-25
Beyond the TESOL - Teachers discussion -- RhenoA380 -- 2005-09-22
FYI - Teachers discussion -- Jack Bindshaw -- 2005-09-22
B.A. Ed. best? - Teachers discussion -- RhenoA340 -- 2005-09-23
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Goals - Teachers discussion

Go to another board -