TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Good schools in Taiwan - Teachers discussion
Brian - 2006-02-01
In response to Nice site - Teachers discussion (Rheno747)

Hi Rheno,

Pleased to hear that the site was of interest for you.

If you are going to Taiwan for the first time then I would recommend sticking with the chain schools at first. Some people have very dim views about chain schools but it seems to be that this is largely personal bias and chain school bashing. At a chain school you know what you will be paid, when you will be paid and you will get what you expect each month. They can generally offer the hours that you need, and of course they offer support and training if you need it.

For kids schools I would recommend Joy, Kojen, and even Hess. For adults I would recommend Davids first off, and then you could try Wall Street or Global Village - although the latter doesn't pay too much!

Also, you may want to consider a recruiter if you think it could help. Again I am fully aware of the limitations of recruiters, but a good recruiter can help a lot, and provided that you know what to look out for you really have nothing to lose. If I had to choose one then I would choose Reach To Teach a company run by an American guy who has a good reputation!

Messages In This Thread
So then....what schools are GOOD? - Teachers discussion -- Zandra Feig -- 2006-01-29
Good schools - Teachers discussion -- Brian -- 2006-01-30
Nice site - Teachers discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-01-30
Good schools in Taiwan - Teachers discussion -- Brian -- 2006-02-01
Thanks again - Teachers discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-02-02
Masters needed - Teachers discussion -- Taiwan Teacher Placement Services -- 2006-02-04
Choir Preacher - Teachers discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-02-05
what about a master's from Koh Sarn Road University? - Teachers discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-02-05
what about a master's from Koh Sarn Road University? - Teachers discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-02-05
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Good schools in Taiwan - Teachers discussion

Go to another board -