TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Tell me your positive stories about your life in China
John O’ Shei - 2014-08-07

Definitely not a wumao, but a silly little newbie tourist who hasn’t seen the shittier side of things yet.

He is probably wasting a lot of money in overpriced flashy drinking establishments and this ‘lovely girl’ might taking him for a ride.

Must admit that I do enjoy a good bit of 糖醋里脊/排骨 though (he royally fucked up the pinyin, it should be ‘tangcu liji’ and he fails to realise it is just ‘sweet and sour pork’), but there seems to be many variations of the dish across China.

One place here does it deep fried in batter and the sauce has a darker than average colour and a sticky texture like that of an American style bbq sauce, although it is blatantly a Chinese dish in a slightly dirty mom and pop restaurant. I barely go to that part of town since a local rock bar moved to a new location though.

A positive experience of China thread would be interesting, if only somebody else had started it.

Messages In This Thread
Re Tell me your positive stories about your life in China -- John O’ Shei -- 2014-08-07
Re Tell me your positive stories about your life in China -- We come in peace (shoot to kill) -- 2014-08-07
Re Tell me your positive stories about your life in China -- John O’ Sheij -- 2014-08-07
Re Tell me your positive stories about your life in China -- We come in peace (shoot to kill) -- 2014-08-08
Re Tell me your positive stories about your life in China -- Nudgee -- 2014-08-08
Re Tell me your positive stories about your life in China -- Pitbill's Mom -- 2014-08-09
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Tell me your positive stories about your life in China

Go to another board -