TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Question for LondonGirl
Beth - 2014-09-23
In response to Re Question for LondonGirl (MikeK)

Unless Training Centres anywhere, even those who offer Cambridge ESOL course, are properly regulated by a Ministry of Education with regular and unannounced inspections by officials (who cannot be bribed) and have teaching staff who hold recognised and properly accredited Education based qualifications then they are a blight on a childs educational growth.
I fully agree. I've said numerous times one of the biggest problem in China is the lack of a regulatory body. The schools I have worked for in Europe have all been accredited by outside regulatory bodies.

Ok.. I know that there are lot of dedicated qualified teachers working in Training Centres but I'll bet these people are outweighed by the Khao San Road style 120 hour TEFL course with added fake B.Ed Degree with the University's and/or teacher's name spelt wrong.
Again, I completely agree. There are hardworking and dedicated qualified teachers working in China, but they are heavily out-numbered by 'tourist-teachers' that flock to China due to the lax regulations.
Messages In This Thread
Question for LondonGirl -- Fifi -- 2014-09-21
Re Question for LondonGirl -- MikeK -- 2014-09-23
Re Question for LondonGirl -- Beth -- 2014-09-23
Re: Re Question for LondonGirl -- Fifi -- 2014-09-23
Re Question for LondonGirl -- Walking Dead -- 2014-09-23
Re Question for LondonGirl -- Beth -- 2014-09-23
Re Question for LondonGirl -- Beth -- 2014-09-22
Re Question for LondonGirl -- Curious -- 2017-04-12
Re Question for LondonGirl -- Concerned Teacher -- 2014-09-23
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Question for LondonGirl

Go to another board -