TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Some ideas for a clearer forum.
Beth - 2014-09-24
In response to Re Some ideas for a clearer forum. (Concerned Teacher)

ESL in China is not a job, and I am resolutely not sorry for stating that fact. Your thinking is so small here, it is a hiatus or a holiday, nothing more. Working at EF is NOT a Career!!!!! Not one student remembers you after you are gone, not one, and certainly no other EF staff will.
It is a job and you have a duty to do your best for your students while you do it. Teaching is not a holiday or a hiatus, you are simply a tourist-teacher and any real teacher would view you with the same contempt I do.

As for students not remembering me, I best mention that to the students who regularly send me email updates about how they're getting on, and to the students I speak to on kakao chat.

And the EF staff who don't remember me... Again, still in contact with most of them actually. One flew from America to visit me while I lived in Italy, another I'm having drinks with when we're both back in the UK over the Christmas holidays and one is one of my best friends in the world who I spoke to only today!

Just because your students and colleagues are in a hurry to forget you, doesn't mean that's true for me!

Messages In This Thread
Re Some ideas for a clearer forum. -- Beth -- 2014-09-22
Re Some ideas for a clearer forum. -- Concerned Teacher -- 2014-09-23
Re Some ideas for a clearer forum. -- Beth -- 2014-09-23
Re Some ideas for a clearer forum. -- Concerned Teacher -- 2014-09-24
Re Some ideas for a clearer forum. -- Beth -- 2014-09-24
Re Some ideas for a clearer forum. -- Beth -- 2014-09-24
Re motivation -- Walking Dead -- 2014-09-24
Re motivation -- Beth -- 2014-09-24
Re motivation -- Walking Dead -- 2014-09-24
Re motivation -- Beth -- 2014-09-24
Re: Re Some ideas for a clearer forum. -- BeenThere -- 2014-09-23
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Some ideas for a clearer forum.

Go to another board -