TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Teaching 8 hours a week is not lazy!
Beth - 2014-11-02

Thus, your ESL "definition" is very narrow, far from reality, and comes from someone who would never work in a decent uni setting.

No, I wouldn't. Mainly because I enjoy teaching YL... So working at a university that would exclude the 6-17 age group would be counter-productive, wouldn't it?

A 'decent' uni setting? Like yours? Where the dean accepts bribes to pass failing students? Oh yes, that's the pinnacle we should all be striving for!

I've had experience teaching in UK high schools, teaching in various countries around the world, in private and state schools, covering ages from 4 to adult... From beginner level to C2 proficiency. I'm versed in all international language exams and I'm an oral examiner for Cambridge ESOL. You have only ever taught English to adults at university who can already speak a good level of English and you have the audacity to say my ESL definition is narrow? Yes, it's clearly me who is detached from reality! Haha!

Messages In This Thread
Re Teaching 8 hours a week is not lazy! -- Beth -- 2014-11-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Teaching 8 hours a week is not lazy!

Go to another board -