TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Teaching the under-10 age group.
Beth - 2014-11-16
In response to Re Teaching the under-10 age group. (yu2fa3)

Your idea and my idea of entertainment are obviously two very different things. I don't find him entertaining in the slightest.

His general bias, insulting nature and childishness gives ESL teachers a bad name. He doesn't know what he's talking about so his posts do nothing but derail what could otherwise be useful threads of information for teachers.

If he is putting on his moronic appearance that is all the worse because he is actively choosing to ruin the information sharing that could be of benefit to others. Which in itself is moronic.

He is either a moron or a troll. My suspicion is he is both.

Either way, this board would be a much nicer place, that others would post on more often if they new they wouldn't be subjected to his insults. I have emails from people who read this board thanking me for information I have posted, who also say they won't post on the board itself because they don't want the insults directed their way. If the board is concerned with site traffic, I think they would be surprised how many would get more involved without the presence of Turnoi.

I'm all for free speech, but I don't believe his posts are an exercise in that. Free speech has a limit, incitement for example is not covered under free speech. New internet laws say that trolling behaviour is not considered free speech either. If his posts were in any way constructive, then all hail free speech, his posts are not constructive though, they are mainly insults or fallacies about topics he knows nothing about, which he continues even in the face of proof to the contrary. Classic troll behavior and it is not helpful to anyone in the ESL community.

Messages In This Thread
Re Teaching the under-10 age group. -- yu2fa3 -- 2014-11-15
Re Teaching the under-10 age group. -- Beth -- 2014-11-16
Re Teaching the under-10 age group. -- yu2fa3 -- 2014-11-16
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Teaching the under-10 age group.

Go to another board -