TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Beth - 2014-12-06

Again, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about!

You accuse other people of being 'fake' and yet you speak as if you were an authority of an area that my puppy has experience in!

TPR is all about association, linking a sound to it's corresponding action and it is used all over the world, in private and public schools, to teach YL students and beginner adults. It is a recognised and accepted method of vocabulary and short phrase acquisition and is nothing to do with dancing. It is getting the learner to link a physical action to a word as the action is the same in whatever language, for example having the students jump when you say 'jump' or hold their hands up like a book when you say 'read'.

Stop pontificating and actually educate yourself. Teaching methodology moves on and advances, gone are the days when the teacher simply chalked things on the board and talked at their students. Putting the learning in the hands of the learner and guiding them to unlock language themselves is far more effective.

But then I guess I can't expect someone who's faked it for years on here fooling newbie teachers or tourist-teachers he's the authority on all things ESL, to admit when he is out of his depth! Let's not let reality get in the way of an opportunity for another boring, unfounded rant about schools you know nothing about, eh?

Messages In This Thread
Re TPR -- Beth -- 2014-12-06

Go to another board -