TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
yu2fa3 - 2014-12-07
In response to Re TPR (Peter Sedgwick)

Well said Sludge! I also consider myself to be a "walk and chalk and talk" type of bloke, yes indeed, on top of the usual teaching stuff ,show a few ppt's sometimes, do a few role plays, show a couple of videos, that's the way!

This new-age airy-fairy TPR nonsense is for the birds imho! Yourself and that Turnoi bloke are real teachers, as for some of the others, bit of a worry!

Hang on a sec, I know Sludge has been consistent about his chalk, but Turnoi is very much into whiteboards.It wasn't so long ago that he was wanting to chuck blackboards in the skip along with his "deechers" hahaha. We must ask him if he's had a revelation!?

I like the blackboards. I used to lecture, sometimes twice a day, 6 days a week-a new topic every time. I don't use PowerPoints or computers, so the blackboard was the thing. Lots of fun too. I did one called 'Births deaths and marriages' The coffin had been made too small for granddad, so I drew it with cut-outs for his head and feet so Granddads 'members' could 'protrude.' 'Obviating' the need for further expenditure during this sad time. Lots of new words but I always insisted on sentences from the students incorporating those. Mind you that particular topic lasted 3 hours at an hour a lesson. The thing is you can keep rubbing out and changing things with chalk- what a mess with the pen! The school worked hard they produced posters for every lecture. Here's one I did for 'How to build an igloo'

Messages In This Thread
TPR -- Beth -- 2014-12-05
Re TPR -- Sludge -- 2014-12-06
Re TPR -- Peter Sedgwick -- 2014-12-07
Re TPR -- Sludge -- 2014-12-08
Re TPR -- Somebody -- 2014-12-07
Re TPR -- Beth -- 2014-12-07
Re TPR -- yu2fa3 -- 2014-12-07
Re TPR -- Beth -- 2014-12-06
Re TPR -- Sludge -- 2014-12-07
Re TPR -- Beth -- 2014-12-07
Re TPR -- Sludge -- 2014-12-14