TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › I forgot to mention..... - Teachers discussion
frank andrews - 2006-04-18
In response to Here's the point! - Teachers discussion (Hemingway)

Chengdu, Nanjing, and Chong qing. And RO Mongolia in 1992. And Boyle Heights in the 80's. And the Sudan in 78, Cairo in 76 and 77.
You are exactly right: Suzhou is great. Most of east China is great. That's why so many people pick it out for relocation. That's why you and your wife picked it out. Suzhou is quite nice with its bar street for entertainment; I guess its lost on me, as I prefer caffeine and the newspaper (for what its worth!)and some other forms of entertainment. I guess I'm a bit boring as far as that goes.
I'm really quite sorry you had such a difficult experience at your last position in Huaibei. And so many of the problems that you faced seemed to be propagated out of nothing. Violence certain wasn't necessary, is never necessary.
I also apologize if my tone was condescending and self-righteous. I probably have been too critical of some of the behaviors of some teachers. I suppose by generalizing, I hoped it wouldn't be too condemning, maybe it would be taken differently. I didn't realize I was pointing a finger at you when I wrote; evidently I was.
Evidently I have hit a nerve with some of you. Maybe its time for you to take a good hard look at that nerve and see if it needs some attention. But I'm glad that my writing can still invoke such an emotional response.
(You write well, but the shark bit was a little too much.)

Messages In This Thread
What's the point? - Teachers discussion -- frank andrews -- 2006-04-17
I Feel it is Relevant! - Teachers discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2006-04-18
Two options - Teachers discussion -- frank andrews -- 2006-04-18
Or, I could... - Teachers discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2006-04-19
Well said. - Teachers discussion -- frank andrews -- 2006-04-19
Here's the point! - Teachers discussion -- Hemingway -- 2006-04-18
Why the defense? - Teachers discussion -- Raoul Duke D.U.I., B.L.T., L.S.D., RUN.DMC -- 2006-04-18
I'm out. You can have it all. -- Rheno747 -- 2006-04-19
I'm with you. - Teachers discussion -- frank andrews -- 2006-04-19
I may be here another year...... - Teachers discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-04-19
Reasons to Be - Teachers discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-04-19
Reno and Frank: You'll Feel better - Teachers discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-04-22
I was wrong about my real role, ultimately - Teachers discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-04-22
Think globally, act locally...... - Teachers discussion -- frank andrews -- 2006-04-22
Reno Join em. That's my suggestion. - Teachers discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-04-22
Nice observations. I've seen this myself. - Teachers discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-04-23
I forgot to mention..... - Teachers discussion -- frank andrews -- 2006-04-18
So what? - Teachers discussion -- Ted Hamill -- 2006-04-18
What are you replying to? - Teachers discussion -- frank andrews -- 2006-04-18
Kind of like comparing apples to oranges. - Teachers discussion -- Ted Hamill -- 2006-04-19
i think you're absolutely right - Teachers discussion -- vince -- 2006-04-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › I forgot to mention..... - Teachers discussion

Go to another board -