TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET
#1 Parent Beth - 2015-01-20
Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET

I am vindictive toward a lot of people in ESL, as most of them are GW's, failures, criminals, and liars.
Vindictive probably not the best choice of word, seeing as it means to take revenge; aggressive or antagonistic would have been a better fit for that sentiment, seeing as how you would have to have been personally slighted by all of these fictional characters you mention in order to vindicate. But then you're not a real teacher, so expecting you to be able to articulate your petty little thoughts correctly is probably a fault of mine.

There are certain people on this forum ( and others ) who think they are saving the world by teaching English abroad. They think they are "heroes" of some sort.
Sigh. No. Nobody thinks they are "saving the world". They are teaching and they take pride in that vocation and care about the welfare, progress and futures of their students. Taking pride in your work and caring about what you do is not a bad thing. Just because you couldn't give a monkey's about real teaching or the standards thereof, doesn't mean everyone holds that same lax ethic as you.

And I laugh when I hear someone being labelled as being a "failed teacher in China". To me ,a failure is someone who comes to China and works at a TC for 8000 rmb a month because they have no other choice ( or think/feel they don't ) or have no other option in their life.
Yet again making it about money rather than providing education to students. Teaching is not a last resort for the vast majority of people, for most they teach because they are educators, because they are passionate about teaching. Judging the majority on the minority of tourist-teachers in China yet again shows the limited scope of experience you have in the wider world of language teaching.

As for the rest of your post, just more racist and misogynistic claptrap from a man who claims to find nothing positive about China, Chinese people and specifically Chinese women and yet spends his life living in China and chasing Chinese women to have a relationship with! Pathetic, really.

Return to Index › Re Two Hong Kong universities drop the CET

Go to another board -