TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Chinese Sales execs who missed targets forced to kneel on public bridge and chant 'We are sorry'
#1 Parent Mogui - 2015-01-23
Re Chinese Sales execs who missed targets forced to kneel on public bridge and chant 'We are sorry'

With an attitude like that, I would say that those who get fired are the lucky ones. For every crap job that an every FT gets fired from, there are another 50 jobs that they can be offered, pretty much instantly.

#2 Parent San Migs - 2015-01-23
Re Chinese Sales execs who missed targets forced to kneel on public bridge and chant 'We are sorry'

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/340-the-greatness-of-a-nation-and-its-moral-progress-can

Gandhi was right. A society that does not even treat animals well can be judged in other ways.

#3 Parent TheSeer - 2015-01-23

Human dignity is not a basic right in China, just think how people here look at and behave with foreigners like we are zoo animals and not humans. Chinese have it worse in their own way.

#4 Parent Anonymous - 2015-01-23

I'm a manager in an educational company, I would never make our FTs do that. Human dignity is a basic and universal right that all should enjoy. If they complain and don't like working here they can leave, for each loss we have 50 candidates waiting for that position behind the door, if they fail at delivering classes I will fire them, give them up to a month to leave the country then cancel their working permit, it's that simple, there is no need for humiliation.

#5 Parent Caring - 2015-01-21

Some salespeople don't sell for reasons beyond their control; one may be that the company they work for is unsound, another the product they sell is of a poor quality. There are many greatly dishonest companies and scores of very low quality products in China. But then there also are many excessively desperate employees in the country as well.

#6 Parent yu2fa3 - 2015-01-21

hahaha, I'd make FT's do that if they started whining and complaining.

The magistrates in the Uk should have the power to parade petty criminals in such a way. As for salesmen, well there's no demeaning measures they don't deserve.

YN - 2015-01-20
Chinese Sales execs who missed targets forced to kneel on public bridge and chant 'We are sorry'

For most sales people, failing to beat their targets might mean a private dressing down from the boss or missing out on a bonus.

But these shamed execs in China were publicly humiliated for missing their targets – by being forced to kneel on a bridge and chant how sorry they were.

Pedestrians who were using a busy crossover in the city of Xiamen, the capital of south-eastern China’s Fujian Province, were stunned to see the men and women in suits on their knees with messages in front of them detailing their name, age, and exactly what it was that they had done to bring such shame on themselves.

One, named as Zhen Liu, 43, had the handwritten message on the ground in front of him saying: "I failed to beat my sales targets."

Another, Ming Chou, 39, had the message: "I have to kneel down on the bridge for one hour as punishment for not finishing my job."

The images of the named and shamed employees went viral after they were uploaded by shocked passer-by Zhu Ku, 29.

She said: "I saw people spread out across the bridge with their heads bowed, chanting they were sorry.

"There was no indication what sort of company they worked for but it certainly doesn’t look like a fun one.

"After a while one of them decided he’d had enough and stood up shouting and grabbing a piece of paper and throwing it on the ground before marching off.

"But the others remained, calmly accepting their punishment."

Internet users were unanimous in saying they would refuse to work for a firm that demanded such embarrassing apologies and many wanted to try and find out the name of the company in order to name and shame them for such bad treatment of staff.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/sales-execs-who-missed-targets-forced-to-kneel-on-public-bridge-and-chant--we-are-sorry-144915151.html

Return to Index › Chinese Sales execs who missed targets forced to kneel on public bridge and chant 'We are sorry'

Go to another board -