TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Re NYT article "China Tells Schools to Suppress Western Ideas, With One Big Exception"
#1 Parent San Migs - 2015-02-12
Re: Re NYT article "China Tells Schools to Suppress Western Ideas, With One Big Exception"

There is a big diffeence between the behaviour patterns of Mainland Chinese and other Chinese people abroad and not only there but also inside their own native territories.

The taiwanese and the hong kong chinese unfortunately, also have a lot of the same traits as the mainland chinese, they see anyone as brown/dark skinned as beneath them and slaves.

Although there was a landmark case this week in Hong Kong, the indonesian maid won justice for her unfair treatment. I, and others, may never know the full details, perhaps the indonesian maid had a financial agenda, but it still highlighted the fact that a limit is needed on working hours and their need for privacy.

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1709133/i-forgive-my-employer-says-abused-hong-kong-maid-erwiana

Return to Index › Re: Re NYT article "China Tells Schools to Suppress Western Ideas, With One Big Exception"

Go to another board -