TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › We Two
#1 Parent Spector - 2015-02-14
Re: We Two

I am thinking of getting one, I do like the new paperwhite, if it is as good as it says it is in daylight/sunlight.

But yes a real paper book, can't be beaten.

#2 Parent yu2fa3 - 2015-02-13

I am still unswayed over the whole kindle debate. The paperwhite looks tempting and lord knows I've lugged books around enough, but nothing quite matches the feel of a crisp newspaper or a second hand paperback between your fingertips. Books and newspapers are meant for lazy afternoons lingering over a cup or two of chai and some biccies. Be careful, and install disconnect secure wireless if you intend to take it to China, you don't want to become the victim of some backdoor hack.

Absolutely, you can't beat a real paper or a real book. We were given Kindle Readers for Christmas by a visiting FT we had known in China. They are handy.

#3 Parent Spector - 2015-02-13

I am still unswayed over the whole kindle debate. The paperwhite looks tempting and lord knows I've lugged books around enough, but nothing quite matches the feel of a crisp newspaper or a second hand paperback between your fingertips. Books and newspapers are meant for lazy afternoons lingering over a cup or two of chai and some biccies. Be careful, and install disconnect secure wireless if you intend to take it to China, you don't want to become the victim of some backdoor hack.

#4 Parent yu2fa3 - 2015-02-12

Please, please keep us posted when you are in China. Attach photos to your posts.

Yep will if I can. Her who earns the money has bought me a new Kindle Fire HD 6". They are not expensive compared to some tablets but are very nippy and I would recommend them to FT's. I expect time to read so will be taking ordinary Kindle Reader also as I don't like reading with back lights.

#5 Parent Fifi - 2015-02-12

Please, please keep us posted when you are in China. Attach photos to your posts.

#6 Parent yu2fa3 - 2015-02-12

Thanks. Thought a couple deserved to see me since the ex-wife, grown up children, say, the in-laws are planning on doing me in. They didn't know of my existence until Esther was 6 months. After a silent fortnight of anguishing they ordered us all to China for a wedding...mine! Three hundred guests- and a casket haha!

#7 Parent Fifi - 2015-02-12

Wecome David!!!
Looking good!
Nice to finally see you.
Esther is adorable.

yu2fa3 - 2015-02-12
We Two

We Two, in case the relaives kill me hahaha!

Return to Index › We Two

Go to another board -