TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Beijing vs Shanghai
#1 Parent Nanana - 2015-03-04
Re Beijing vs Shanghai

If you want to save money don't go to first tier cities (namely Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou and Shenzhen) as everything there is om average 30% more expensive than in second tier cities, and rents are between 50% and 300% more expensive than that of second tier cities. Teaching jobs in first tier cities pay barely more than that of second tier cities, you might get 15000 in a second tier and 16000 in a first tier.

If your goal is to stay in an expat bubble or party every nights then yeah go to first tier cities.

Stephen - 2015-03-03
Beijing vs Shanghai

Hello,

I am from the US and I am looking to either teach abroad in Shanghai or Beijing. I have two offers on the table from Longman schools in Shanghai and Best Learning in Beijing. I need some advice because I've never been to either city and would love to get some honest feedback from anyone living in the either of the cities or knows of the two schools.

My main objective is to save money and pay off student loans but I want to have an adventure! I've done much online research on the two cities but its much easier when there is reliable feedback.

Thanks!

Return to Index › Beijing vs Shanghai

Go to another board -