TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Warning - Teachers Discussion
#1 Parent Alex - 2006-05-27
Jilin - Teachers Discussion

I received four emails in two days regarding schools Jilin. I responded to two- now I know that one had a bad reputation. I am somewhat suspect about the other one. She claims to be the FAO from the Jilin City high school. Does anyone have experience with Linda Wei?
many thanks

#2 Parent Loubie - 2006-05-14
Thanks for asking!! - Teachers Discussion

I taught in South Korea, Japan and Turkey before coming to China. I have been here for almost two years and am challenged and amazed everyday by the culture and people.

#3 Parent Rheno747 - 2006-05-13
A response to the response - Teachers Discussion

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

Where else have you taught/babysat, Lou?

#4 Parent Loubie - 2006-05-13
A response. - Teachers Discussion

If you are warning people against recruiters then you need to be more specific. These recruiters/schools/agents are not bad because the are in Jilin and, conversely, not all recruiters/schools/agents in Jilin are bad.

A better warning is, go in with your eyes open. You are not at home now, you are in China. Business is done differently here. Sometimes this means accepting different ways of doing things. Yes, very often recruiters will drop you. You don't need them to get a job, apply direct. Do your homework, search boards such as this for good companies. They are out there!!!

Demo classes are very common and, as with any job, you often have to wait for the outcome. Teaching English in China is just like a job back home in that respect. Just meeting the criteria will get your, and many others, foot in the door but this is no guarantee of success.

BTW, recruiters do not get paid if they do not fill the position and teachers should NEVER pay them!!

All in all, I have been working overseas for 6 years now in 4 different countries and China is the best place I have lived and worked so far. Just don't come here expecting an easy ride.......

scam tracer - 2006-05-10
Warning - Teachers Discussion

To all teachers applying for teaching position in JIlin Province,

Beware of companies,agents,or individual persons recruiting you. Wolves in sheep's clothing are just around the corner in Jilin province or to broaden it around china.So patient and kind to send you emails,and when you arrived the will devour you up, dump you out or put you into a rubbish accomodation. They will promise you a school but you will put into a nowhere to find situation. You will give a lesson but still need to wait what's gonna happen, that is to accept you or not.If you're lucky,then you'll be fortunate too.
sorry for teachers who were victim of covetous and greedy recruiters( curse be upon you evil recruiters and go to hell)

Return to Index › Warning - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -