TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › re: mainland chinese tourists manners overseas
#1 Parent Nanana - 2015-03-17
Re re: mainland chinese tourists manners overseas

Mainland Chinese tourists are being hated for 2 reasons.

They cost more than they spend, when they move in a hotel they trash the room so badly that it costs more to clean it than the price of the stay. Some hotels have found a way to fix this, banning Chinese nationals, others check the room before they move out and ask them to pay the cleaning fees if it's really too dirty.

Disregard or disrespect for their host country, trashing historical places and being rude to local people. It wasn't reported from what I know but I saw Thai people kicking Chinese arses really bad after those Chinese began shouting at and grabbing an old Thai lady because they thought her traditional grigri pendants were too expensive and she didn't want to bargain.

#2 Parent Mr Asia - 2015-03-17

Sounds like a typical wumao comment, rubbish!

#3 Parent Somebody - 2015-03-16

Are you sure they weren't drunk Americans, Brits or Aussies?

San Migs - 2015-03-16
re: mainland chinese tourists manners overseas

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/foreign-relations/article/1738288/chinese-descend-remote-palau-wanderlust-deepens

Just this morning, a loud family of mainlanders were clicking photographs right next to my ear, talking loudly, smelling of tobacco and unwashed, and generally not respecting the peace and quiet of others around them on the star ferry in Hong Kong.

Is the drive by the chinese president to improve the manners of chinese tourists working? Personally, I think he is facing an uphill struggle, driven by an unwillingness to change. Thoughts?

Return to Index › re: mainland chinese tourists manners overseas

Go to another board -