TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Tianjin Yinghua Cambridge International School IGCSE Program Info?
#1 Parent Mature Adult - 2015-03-23
Re: Tianjin Yinghua Cambridge International School IGCSE Program Info?

Kids problems.

#2 Parent San Migs - 2015-03-23

Funny how drags just upped sticks and left.

Perhaps this usurping of power was what he wanted all along.

#3 Parent yu2fa3 - 2015-03-22

So Turnoi left over that Dragonized business? (Though Martin Hainan still seems to be here.)

Puzzling. Didn't seem that big of a deal.

The SB also seems to be MIA, but he's probably just infecting Vietnamese prostitutes with his Australian nationalism.

Yes, well dragonized and turnoi used to be bosom friends. Dragonized at one point was being molested by a poster called Mancunian. Turnoi asked mancunian for his e-mail which was duly provided. Turnoi started a brief correspondence with Mancunian explaining enough about Dragon to get an undertaking that Mancunian would lay off of Dragon. On that occasion Turnoi's heart was in the right place, and in all fairness to Mancunian he did lay off of Dragon. Dragon had no right to return months later and dump on (which SB readily seized upon) Turnoi, then having done the dirty deed, cease posting.

#4 Parent Somebody - 2015-03-22

So Turnoi left over that Dragonized business? (Though Martin Hainan still seems to be here.)

Puzzling. Didn't seem that big of a deal.

The SB also seems to be MIA, but he's probably just infecting Vietnamese prostitutes with his Australian nationalism.

#5 Parent yu2fa3 - 2015-03-22

but alas, as the good book says, "don't throw your pearls before the swine"

hahaha! yes, we has another saying on this forum, it goes like-'Don't throw good English in front of Silverboy or Turnoi-' the latter being unavailable for comment at the moment since he's still nursing the bruises sustained by the former wot who recently launched a coup d'etat, thus successfully deposing said latter and establishing himself as Sniggering-hyena-wot-whose-shit-dont-stink. hahaha!

#6 Parent daryl - 2015-03-22

True, she also taught for over 2 years in the UK, that was 3 years ago and still gets calls to return.

#7 Parent martin hainan - 2015-01-31

A comma splice is a specific error in the use of commas that is characteristic of Chinese writers of English. Written Chinese utilizes comma-similar punctuation to combine independent clauses into a 'cumulative' independent clause which varies significantly from the English sentence. This composite independent grammatical 'sentence' structure is ended with a period-similar, but distinctively Chinese, full stop.
Teachers of written English in China struggle constantly with comma splices. Understanding their L1 origin is instructive.

#8 Parent Caring - 2015-01-29

Daryl, "ignorant people" are the ones who cannot see the scope of a true international school. Best Chinese teachers suit teaching in best Chinese schools.

#9 Parent Beth - 2015-01-29

If misuse of commas makes you a Chinese speaker of English, then SM, SB and Turnoi (especially, Turnoi!) must be Chinese speakers of English!

Misuse of the comma is not the sole domain of the L2 speaker... Not by a long shot going by most of the posts on this site.

And once again, your attitude towards L2 learners is absolutely horrific. I pity your students.

#10 Parent Beth - 2015-01-29

I really wouldn't waste your time with the likes of Silverboy. What he knows about teaching can be written on the back of a very small beer mat and most likely has been in the past! He believes a 5 minute, self written and administered oral exam is better than a CAE speaking exam to test a student's fluency... I really wish I was making that up but unfortunately I'm not.

Has there been any developments about this situation? I work for Cambridge ESOL as an examiner and I have spoken to my team leader about the issues you posted originally. There's not much we can do personally as we're based in Spain, but you should get in touch with the CESOL department for China accreditation. They will listen to your accounts and get an inspector out there.

#11 Parent martin hainan - 2015-01-29

Really wish ignorant people would refrain from communicating what they obviously have any
clue about, but alas, ignorance is the universal constant, the "Top Teacher in
Tianjin" is a Chinese Teacher that was awarded that title from the Board of
Education of Tianjin, and she if very humble about this title, as only I say anything
about this.

Most Chinese writers of English haveN'T A clue about comma splices.

#12 Parent daryl - 2015-01-29

Really wish ignorant people would refrain from communicating what they obviously have any clue about, but alas, ignorance is the universal constant, the "Top Teacher in Tianjin" is a Chinese Teacher that was awarded that title from the Board of Education of Tianjin, and she if very humble about this title, as only I say anything about this. Too she is in demand to do lectures at the Chinese universities, which we both attend and both lecture. I could go on and on about her international credits and awards, but alas, as the good book says, "don't throw your pearls before the swine"

Return to Index › Re: Tianjin Yinghua Cambridge International School IGCSE Program Info?

Go to another board -