TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Life boring? Drink more wine?
#1 Parent yu2fa3 - 2015-04-02
Re Life boring? Drink more wine?

Yes but always line your stomach first like wot SB does with his pride-and-joy before filling his boots to avoid unfortunate after-effects.

#2 Parent hunt and kill - 2015-04-02

I prefer this, cocktails, Guangxi

#3 Parent San Migs - 2015-04-02

Yellow Tail is ok, and I agree pointless investing in flash stuff like that, my brothers wife insisted on buying all new pushchairs and baby stuff upon arrival of second son, my brother quite rightly insisted that instead of buying all new stuff, newcomer could simply have first sons hand me downs? Such a culture of spending and showing off in England...it's madness.

#4 Parent yu2fa3 - 2015-04-01

"Been accused recently of leading a 'boring worthless life' " - not by me! I used the word "uneventful". Some people are quite happy with lives that don't have all the dramas, crises and events.

Your life is hardly 'worthless' with a small child to look after, so whoever said that is being very mean. The way I see it it that you are "rich" in that you are able to see the growth and development of your daughter and be a part of that process.

On wine: Tesco used to do a very palatable French red called Cuvee Prestige at £2.99 a bottle. It's probably more expensive now if they still stock it. Neighbours and friends who used to come around for dinner always commented on the nice plummy taste.

On pushchairs: always worth checking the small ads in some shop windows or the pawn shops for a second hand Mamas and Papas 3-wheeler if you want to shop at Sainsbury's and they have health and safety concerns. Aldi and Lidl cost-cutting supermarkets do very well in the UK.

Yes, heard of that wine and it's probably about 6 quid now. Lately I have been buying Yellow Tail Shiraz when it's on offer for about 6-7 quid, but you can get the £4 real plonk still.

Only joking about the pushchair; we just don't like investing in stuff like that- all dancinf all singing prams.

Return to Index › Re Life boring? Drink more wine?

Go to another board -