TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Unrealitic requirements for the offered compensation
#1 Parent David Dilley (was yu2fa3) - 2015-04-15
Re Unrealitic requirements for the offered compensation

I see an increasing number.of such offers despite more teachers leaving China than moving in, logically salaries should go up, Chinese don't seem to understand demand and supply.

I think they do understand demand and supply and they must be getting supplied; there's lots of foolish westerners who don't do their sums. In fact they get supplied so well. they do not need teachers to renew their contracts.

#2 Parent Curtis - 2015-04-15
Re Unrealitic requirements for the offered compensation

I think there are lots of non native speakers filling that void. Schools offering a joke salary are also willing to lie to the parents about the nationality of the teacher. I don't want to stereo type all people teaching in China who don't come from Canada, The US, Australia, NZ, SA, and the UK. In fact a lot of them actually work pretty hard because it is so hard for them to get hired, based on accent or skin color. Where as their counter parts from English speaking countries can often be entitled little vacation teachers.

It all depends on each individual case, there are a lot of good teachers out there. But yea if you are wondering who is taking those jobs that keep popping up for less than enough to live on for slave hours a week it is those people.

Harsh - 2015-04-15
Unrealitic requirements for the offered compensation

Whenever I see schools in China offering 10000RMB (or less) without free accomodation for full time (40h) and only NET with teaching experience can apply, I want to ask them why they believe that anyone would travel half way across the world to take such great offer when they can flip burgers for 2 to 3 times as much money back home.

I see an increasing number.of such offers despite more teachers leaving China than moving in, logically salaries should go up, Chinese don't seem to understand demand and supply.

Just saying.

Return to Index › Unrealitic requirements for the offered compensation

Go to another board -