TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Restaurant venture update
#1 Parent David Dilley (was yu2fa3) - 2015-04-20
Haunted loft!

Big, BIG change in your life. Keep us posted. All the best.

Thank you Fifi. Oddly enough, not thinking too much about it at the moment, as I have too many things to do in order to get away....like, empty the garage of all the junk so I can get haifen's car inside it- not too easy at the best of times but when you have a baby clinging to your trousers almost impossible.

By the way, CL, that loft is haunted. Have a look at this picture. You will know what that is. Do you see the hole where there was a screw? Well, that was for holding the wotsit in the right position and I set it at 45 degrees but the wrong way. The hatch will not close that way, everybody says it cannot...but it did and very smoothly for a fortnight and then suddenly wouldn't one day. I examined it, which confused me because I could see the end stops either way would prevent the latch from ever locking. So ,I looked at the instructions and drilled another hole where it is at the moment and working.

#2 Parent Fifi - 2015-04-19
Re: Restaurant venture update

Big, BIG change in your life. Keep us posted. All the best.

David Dilley (was yu2fa3) - 2015-04-19
Restaurant venture update

Well, wonders never cease; we have bitten the bullet (or in tinglishmen,eaten the missile hahaha!) taken the bull (or cow?) by the horns- a restaurant and a flat have made themselves available to us in the very south of China, so I am in a rush to finish stuff at home I started; not least of all boarding out the loft. Visa permitting we will fly out on Friday. Any bits of advice concerning the married man's residence permit (haifen will legally own the business) over the next couple of days would be appreciated. After that it'll be a month or two before I post again, but I will let you know for sure how things went.

Return to Index › Restaurant venture update

Go to another board -