TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › The origins of food and Chinese "creativity"
#1 Parent Twice shy - 2015-05-19
Of "taking sides" and "Chinese creativity"

I (like many teachers) are on the side of honesty, documented history, accurate information, and fairness. Or you can say the only side I'm on is my side. In other words I do what I need to do to take care of myself and family. Through my posts on this site I try to help my fellow teachers (from whatever country) avoid hurt and harm.

One poster delightfully calls out the "laowei" as a self-centered individual who has delusions of royalty. First, to be a foreign teacher is the absolute anti-thesis of royalty. We know in any country our words and work will always come last to the local people. Secondly, we also know we have no protection from: attack, scam, identity theft, and other atrocities carried out under the front of culture. So actually yes one could correctly say "the poor laowei". However I don't consider myself poor as long as I can work and do an honestly good job with students who quite truthfully could care less about learning English or doing work for or in my class.

About Chinese creativity. Since you're so excited to waive the flag if China in the face of the world let's talk about this creativity: 45 million who were worked, starved, or beaten to death from 1958 to 1962 (a third of which who starved because their homes were turned into fertilizer), retribution for tiny thefts (such as a child stealing a potato) included being tied up and thrown into a pond; parents were forced to bury their children alive or were doused in excrement and urine, others were set alight, or had a nose or ear cut off, Tian An Men Square, and cannibalism during the Cultural Revolution. In FACT as many as 80 million died from unnatural deaths due the CREATIVE policies of the Communist Party. Journalists who try to speak out against the government in China are: imprisoned, murdered, their property seized, and their families can be imprisoned or murdered as well.

These historical FACTS have been recently uncovered by CHINESE scholars. Since YOU opened this Pandoras' box I hope YOU can take the fall-out. But please regale and delight me with the tales of "Chinese creativity".

#2 Parent comment - 2015-05-15
Re The origins of food and Chinese "creativity"

Ez to be a critic when you are in nobody's side. No pun Mr. T. Shy.

#3 Parent comment - 2015-05-15

Mr. You write China "creativity" with small c and quotations. It this mean you and your clan do not buy anything "made in China". No pun.

#4 Parent Caring - 2015-05-15

The current "creativity" in the Chinese production of food is more worrying than the past. What the pigs or chickens are fed with or how much are pesicides used in growing rice, fruits or veggies should be of a concern. Moreover, how/what the local farmers clone ought to be paid attention to as well; and, the local additives/msg must not be overlooked either. So, the original local farmers that with little control around are as greedy as they can be. Most importantly though, people's people have plenty of food for acceptable prices which probably is why there is such little control over the food safety on mainland China, and not only Marco Polo but also other current politicians in this country and around the world are to get something out of it.

Twice shy - 2015-05-15
The origins of food and Chinese "creativity"

"When Italy Marco Polo visited China took back noodles and today it called pizza". Huh? Noodles are flour, water, and maybe egg and pizza is a bread based dish. Culinary history shows ANY country who has gone through famine or food shortages has some form of "noodles and sauce or savory broth" dish. Chinese creativity is shown is shown in the arts, fireworks, and the early development of moving pictures by Ding Huan around 100 B.C. The French lay claim to pizza but yet again the concept of "bread and sauce" claim can be made by just about any culture.

As far as "copyright infringement" is concerned is has been investigated, documented, reported on film and news media that spies from just about every country having a cloak and dagger department have been in the U.S. patent office for over one hundred years pulling blueprints and specs for everything from the cloth loom to the space shuttle. China like the the United States is a large country with an abusive, selfish, greedy, and evil government. Most countries aren't any better or any worse than any other. Get your facts straight.

Return to Index › The origins of food and Chinese "creativity"

Go to another board -