TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › old china, old HK, old world
#1 Parent San Migs - 2015-05-22
Re old china, old HK, old world

Ah, this tired and tested line.

What, we are expected to believe China is special, are we? Or that we wai guo ren can't understand china?

Naff off back to wanking over GEM in the net bar sonny!!!!

#2 Parent Wang - 2015-05-22

this is china!!!

#3 Parent Dante - 2015-05-20

Funny, most foreigners that I know in China want to be left alone and expect the locals to mind their own business as well. It's the Chinese who can't help themselves but talk and gossip about foreigners (in a good or a bad way) all the time. I know plenty of foreigners who don't want to be the center of attention all the time but can't go out of their apartment without being stared and pointed at, even in big cities.

#4 Parent San Migs - 2015-05-18

I agree except for the rural Chinese part.

I found the richer city dwellers more arrogant and obnoxious in how they looked down on wai di folks

Shanghai people are plain terrible, looking down on those from hang Zhou, and hang Zhou looks down on everyone else. Forgive the incorrect spelling, on a phone and it auto corrects.

#5 Parent w.g. - 2015-05-17

you have it all wrong. the poster never offered any advice of how to fix your western country. why in this earth you need to make comments of how to fix china. your attitude is the same of old westerners who exterminated the native indians in their land because they thought they/westerners can do better.

#6 Parent John O'Shei - 2015-05-17

You do realise that for many foreigners, China and its people are not all that special, don't you?

Hell, we even get excited every time we are about to leave China, whenever our work schedule permits us to. Whether that be for business or pleasure.

As for the usual 'if you don't like it, then leave...' Just remember that expatriate managers are given a hardship allowance in China for a very good reason. Some of us didn't actually want to get posted here. It just shows that actually, your country is not all that great and wonderful after all. I wonder why so many wealthier Chinese are so keen to run away and get a foreign passport!

Once your economy inevitably tanks, many of those foreign companies that have brought wealth to your country in recent times, may dump China rather quickly with very little thought. Vietnam is licking its lips right now as we speak.

All that you have to offer to many of us is a nice sized market to sell our goods and services to, mainly because the Chinese companies are still yet to catch up; unlike Korea where domestic companies can offer goods to consumers that are equal if not better in quality to that of foreign competitors.

It's also reassuring to know that Chinese people still don't seem too capable of teaching English, whereas other countries can be quite self-sufficient in that regard.

You accuse us (foreigners) of 'complaining.' I accuse you all (the rural Chinese) of being far too willing to eat shit and being too lazy to make an effort to improve things.

#7 Parent San Migs - 2015-05-17

I hope you can get a better education, I suspect you of being a wumao troll, nothing more. Back to Counterstrike net bar boy!!!!!!

chinese always cheated - 2015-05-17
old china, old HK, old world

"those were the days". laowai were kings. now this days all they do is complain and trying to teach english to chinese. karma is a b(edited).

Return to Index › old china, old HK, old world

Go to another board -