TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › China is a big and important country
#1 Parent Curtis - 2015-05-23
Re China is a big and important country

China is a big and useful country. They made cheap goods for us westerners for years ad we thank you for giving us a great standard of living. Now its easy to make money off Chinese people. You pay whatever we say for dumb phones, bags, and English classes. A couple of chinese people got rich off doing business with the rest of the world, but still too many people can't afford to have a decent life.

In my country people complain about poverty. Poverty in my country means living on a tight budget. Having to own an old car or take public transport. Have to take out student loans to put yourself through school.

In China you have to work many jobs, run a succesfull business, or be a corrupt government official if you want any kind of life. You have to always think about how to get more money, otherwise the basic income isn't even enough to feed and house yourself let alone a family.

In my country we have what are called "first world problems”. We don't worry about who to scam or what scheme to run and bust our balls to make it to middle class. With a little bit of effort you can make it. Our first world problems are, whats the weather going to be like. What restaurant should I take the kids too friday night. Who is our cities team playing this week? Should I replace my lawn mower this spring or next. What colour should I paint my fence.

The new government talks about the Chinese dream. Well, the real Chinese dream is being realized by the small and I say small percentage of Chinese people who actually get rich. Their dream is to get out of China and go live in the west and enjoy the fruits of the western dream.

Maybe if all you wealthy Chinese paid your taxes and didn't cheat and steal the rest of your beloved countrymen might have a better standard of living. Oh wait I am wrong. You still coudln't. There are way too many of you.

#2 Parent Post-nationalism - 2015-05-23
Re China is a big and important country

And China is the home of the laowais holding permanent residency as much as it is yours, get used to it.

Wang - 2015-05-23
China is a big and important country

get used to.

Return to Index › China is a big and important country

Go to another board -