TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Nothing's going to change here anytime soon - Teachers Discussion
#1 Parent Raoul Duke - 2006-05-25
Same Sh!t, Different Flies On It - Teachers Discussion

Rheno, it's the same in China- the entire educational system is completely FUBAR. The people who are actually enabled to do something about it (which is definitely NOT the expat teachers!) have no real interest in or incentive to do so.

The bottom line is that you either find your niche within it and do what good you can, or you get the hell out and go back home.

Raoul

#2 Parent Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U - 2006-05-25
Nothing's going to change here anytime soon - Teachers Discussion

I agree. Governments need to get busy and start inspecting schools. Here in Thailand, that will happen perhaps the day after doomsday. I thought I knew what red tape was back in the day before coming here. I thought I knew what inefficiency was as well.
I didn't know anything. I learned what those ideas really mean while a teacher in the land of Thai. Those concepts are now seared on my brain like a bios program is burned onto a bios chip.

I consider the education system here hopeless. Lots of bigwigs in the system benefit from the present arrangements, meaning nothing is going to change.

Thailand is primed for a great education revolution, though. Who knows? Perhaps the next generation of Thais will really WANT to learn English and lots of other subjects as well. It could happen, but I'm sitting around here waiting for it to happen.

Return to Index › Nothing's going to change here anytime soon - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -