TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › question to laowai: what is democracy.
#1 Parent DG - 2015-05-28
Re question to laowai: what is democracy.

Democracy in theory is where the citizens of a land, control the land. however what you get is a vote. and no matter what your popular vote is the elected officials don't have to follow that vote. so a democracy only works in theory.

#2 Parent comment - 2015-05-28

it's just a game.

#3 Parent commenting - 2015-05-27

In a democracy all are democrats including its tyrants who disguise themselves in the complex garb of democrats under the banner of an interest group.

#4 Parent San Migs - 2015-05-27

Say it is hypocrisy when a family member has suffered under communism?

China is not a democracy,full stop, period. Taiwan is.

Democracy in Egypt? Errr, it failed, but that is not the fault of the UK. The fact is fair and free elections are better than a one party system, the CCP just wants to cling to state capitalism, much like Russia does.

For example...to get ahead in say Gazprom in Russia you have to tow the party line, in this case, United Russia. Your own skills and getting there by merit don't count, same as the system in China.

Capitalism/democracy gives the chance to fail or succeed, on your own merits, not the biggest fan of capitalism, but I'm certainly not a fan of communism either. The nordic model is perhaps one to aspire to.

#5 Parent EXTC - 2015-05-27

I'm still not sure about Wai Guo Ren myself, still has connotations.

I think XI Fang Ren (western is better).

#6 Parent Ray O. - 2015-05-27

Hypocrisy at its best! Western governments supporting non democratic countries because they get $benefits$ and control and criticizing China because they have little control. What happened with democracy in Egypt?

#7 Parent San Migs - 2015-05-27

Again with laowai you fool. wai guo ren please.

Democracy, one person gets one vote. You know that thing they have in Taiwan, that you do not in Mainland China.

#8 Parent w.g. - 2015-05-26

laowai lecturing chinese for no having democracy.laowai can not explain what is one and give sample.

#9 Parent San Migs - 2015-05-26

Still better than communism which goes after the intellectuals, business people, and teachers every time.

Let's not forget Mao carried out the rape of a generation, forcing farmers into steel workers.

#10 Parent billy - 2015-05-26

Sad indeed when democracy has become a concept so empty "the lesser of two evils."

#11 Parent San Migs - 2015-05-26

I still think it is the lesser of two evils.

In communist countries, no political parties nor elections.

In the last UK election the people voted Scotland for scots, england for the conservatives, except for Brighton and parts of the north.

Never any general or presidential elections in China, ever. Taiwan, not Singapore, is who China should emulate.

#12 Parent billy - 2015-05-26

Democracy suppose to be rule of the people but unfortunately is rule of an elite.

#13 Parent EXTC - 2015-05-26

Wang,

Instead of just complaining, why not just value your foreign teachers as professionals? (Assuming you bothered to verify their credentials.) And why not ask them how they feel at work and actively support them in their roles like managers in practically all other countries except China do? And why not take an active interest in western thought to the extent that you can better appreciate what your foreign teachers want?

I gave up on Chinese-run training centres a long time ago due to people like you.

EXTC

#14 Parent San Migs - 2015-05-26

Will the mods please do something about this muppet?

Sod off with calling us all "lao wai" will you and show some respect.

Wang - 2015-05-26
question to laowai: what is democracy.

pls explain to chinese.

Return to Index › question to laowai: what is democracy.

Go to another board -