TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Foreign Experts Certificate - Teachers Discussion
#1 Parent Raoul Duke - 2006-09-03
Don't Know Enough - Teachers Discussion

I assume that by "FEC" you mean "Foreign Experts Certificate"? If so, as far as you're concerned it's mainly just a precursor to a Residence Permit. It has nothing to do with getting paid.

What does your contract say? Some contracts do cover a full calendar year, but contain provisions specifying that Summer (and sometimes other) holidays will not be paid. Anything about this in the details of your contract?

#2 Parent Mark - 2006-09-02
Unpaid with FEC ? - Teachers Discussion

I have FEC and a contract from 1 July but I was not paid for the summer holidays .What can I do ?

#3 Parent Raoul Duke - 2006-05-28
FEC - Teachers Discussion

This is almost always done by the employer...I think it ranges from difficult to impossible to get one of these on your own and without a specific job lined up.

The employer provides the local Labor Bureau some proof that you have desirable knowledge or abilities- such as a university diploma, a teaching certificate, certification in a specific skill, etc.- plus copies of your travel documents and of course good old-fashioned mountains of Chinese paperwork.

Naps are taken, tea is consumed...and a few weeks later a small brown book is excreted that you can then use to go obtain your Residence Permit.

This, by the way, is why schools are so insistent upon a university diploma. It has little to do with on-the-job qualifications and much to do with getting your FEC.

ESL teacher - 2006-05-28
Foreign Experts Certificate - Teachers Discussion

Can anybody tell me how I can get a FEC in China especially in Guangdong Province ?
Thanks !

Return to Index › Foreign Experts Certificate - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -