TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › teach chinese students the english language only.keep your opinions for yourself.
#1 Parent San Migs - 2015-06-20
Re teach chinese students the english language only.keep your opinions for yourself.

Yes, bloody stupid stereotypes. I told some Chinese people recently that if you don't get your food in 2 minutes in a certain fast food joint in north america...it is free!!! They found this unfathomable, probably because it takes them 2 minutes to pack a bloody sandwich. Watch closely how they work. The guy who fries your rice or noodles will dump it into the takeaway tray, but not close it and bag it and hand it to you, because he is just the cook....there is no I in TEAM, something the Chinese despite all their collectivism have a hard time getting used to.

#2 Parent San Migs - 2015-06-20
Re teach chinese students the english language only.keep your opinions for yourself.

Well said.

#3 Parent EXTC - 2015-06-20

same "blame game" bs excuse again and again.. I am guessing you are one of those who blame minorities, blacks in your country for being mistreated all the time.

Absolutely not, my friend. Back home and here, and see people as people, regardless of skin colour. But it is not the same attitude amongst most Chinese, hence the backlash you see on this board and others like it.

Ex-TC

#4 Parent John O'Shei - 2015-06-20

The 'white man' as you like to refer to them as (despite our currently more multi-racial demographics) evolved and improved, they admitted their mistakes and moved on. Many people in China still haven't.

#5 Parent John O'Shei - 2015-06-20

More posters are coming on board and they are fully aware of the wumao bullshit. That's wonderful.

#6 Parent comment - 2015-06-20

All the empires in the world learned from the white man. The white man did it first. Copied the white man. Stop defending your race.

#7 Parent ROXY IN CHINA - 2015-06-20
Re: Re teach chinese students the english language only.keep your opinions for yourself.

Fifi, you come across as a wumao's stooge!

I pity you! I bet others do too!

#8 Parent Twice Shy - 2015-06-20

Brilliant Martin, absolutely brilliant. Oh and you forget that insipid show "Friends" who every Chinese student thinks that this is how Americans act.

#9 Parent GrumpyCat - 2015-06-20

Well-educated teachers won't go to China when they can easily find jobs in neighboring countries offering fewer classes, quality work environment, higher wages and better benefits, even when reported to the local cost of living.

#10 Parent Fifi - 2015-06-20
Re: Re teach chinese students the english language only.keep your opinions for yourself.

Great post, Martin!

#11 Parent martin hainan - 2015-06-19

An understandable jingoist/protectionist sentiment, but all teaching is an exercise in propaganda. The simple process of standing in front of other people, calling yourself a teacher and identifying other human beings as students is in itself an activity fraught with strictures of power, class and ideological manipulation. Certainly a society which still instills a hybrid form of Marxism in every college student is fully aware of that. It is simply not possible for ‘foreign’ teachers to check their values and culture at the Chinese classroom door.

Originally Chinese law specified foreign teachers could ONLY teach oral English. Chinese educational institutions on every level gradually allowed and currently require foreign teachers to expand their subject matter; my current first-level university employer signs off on a ‘Bible in Western Culture’ course, taught by a discrete, but easily identifiable, young U.S. missionary. Chinese teachers of English do an excellent job in teaching grammar, pronunciation, and reading. Their teaching of writing is as successful as can be expected in a world where no one writes and few people read; students in U.S. colleges cannot write English.

If, as Xi Jinping, suggests, Chinese Universities decided to control the content of their foreign teachers classes, they could quickly further minimize the classroom impact of foreign values on their students. Increasing the requirements on who can teach in China, perhaps may improve the quality of teaching, but well-educated teachers are no less instilled with ideology.

In any event, I believe that Gossip Girls, Vampire Diaries, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift and other corporate Western entertainment products have had significantly more impact on the values of Chinese youth than the ragtag army of marginally educated, self-involved and unmotivated foreign teachers. The 外教 presence in China speaks more to Chinese educational and economic values than to any insidious invasion of Western thought.

#12 Parent San Migs - 2015-06-20

I find it unbelievable China is clinging to the fat peado son of a pig farmer from Hunan, in education, and in foreign policy. 2015...I should coco!!!

#13 Parent San Migs - 2015-06-19

The rantings of a one man mental.

#14 Parent ai - 2015-06-19

same "blame game" bs excuse again and again.. I am guessing you are one of those who blame minorities, blacks in your country for being mistreated all the time.

#15 Parent EXTC - 2015-06-19

Uh oh! Another wumao troll.

It's time for you Chinese to start being honest with yourselves.

Your education system is a joke and consistently fails to produce any graduates of quality. But instead of taking steps to improve it, you continue to cling to the notions of it's rotten foundations, as is evidenced by your argument which is not even a complete sentence. You do not even write a coherent argument.

Your refusal to learn from the west will be the ultimate failure of your country, just like your pathetic post.

ExTc.

ming - 2015-06-19
teach chinese students the english language only.keep your opinions for yourself.

chinese students and chinese people dont care what do you believe.

Return to Index › teach chinese students the english language only.keep your opinions for yourself.

Go to another board -